• ChinaBooks.ch
  • Saturday, November 25, 2006

    Thanksgiving at YMCA HK Jintang School

    On Thanksgiving Day when I went to the YMCA Hong Kong Jintang Primary School to teach, at the entrance to the school yard was this wonderful "Happy Thanksgiving - Welcome Bill" poster prepared by some of the teachers at the school.


    To personally greet me were Ye Yu (Suzanne), Headmaster of the School, and Yao Ji Chuan (Mike) who manages the YMCA school and orphanage in Jintang.


    The normal morning assembly, led by Headmaster Ye Yu, was devoted to extending "Thanks" to me on this special day in America.


    The sixteen students from the YMCA Yellow House Orphanage who attend the Jintang Primary School sang a special song for me on the program. One of the students sang the solo part of the song.


    All of the students, including these from one of my English classes, seemed to enjoy the special program. In the classrooms, I was again greeted with special "Thanks" from the students. It was certainly a wonderful way to celebrate Thanksgiving -- as I am the one most thankful for the opportunity to share these months with the students of Jintang and the YMCA staff at the Chengdu YMCA.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home