• ChinaBooks.ch
  • Tuesday, November 07, 2006

    Music In the Parks

    One of the things I've really enjoyed is coming across folks informally making music in the parks of Chengdu.
    The two men above were playing in Living Water Garden when I visited in on Saturday with friends, Robert and Julia.When I visited the River Viewing Park I came across the above woman walking through the park singing. In the same park, I saw a man in an isolated area playing a Chinese violin or erhu -- a wonderful sound to hear in the natural setting of a park. And, on Sunday I heard another man playing the Chinese violin while at The People's Park. I hope I come across more of these wonderful folks sharing their music as I walk through the beautiful parks of Chengdu.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home